Many people say that they don’t dream or that they don’t remember their dreams. I believe it just takes a bit of practice and patience to get into the swing of remembering. Here are a few tips:
- Keep a pen and paper near your bed. If you wake up in the middle of the night, jot down key words and feelings to help you recall your dreams in the morning.
- When you wake up in the morning, try not to roll over. Somehow it is easier to recall dreams if you stay in the same position for a while.
- Keep your eyes closed and focus on the last feeling, thought or image that you awoke with. Use this to track back to your dream.
- Don’t worry if you forget your dreams – there are plenty more coming your way! Often you will see or hear something during your day that will trigger a memory of last night’s dreams.
- Include any feelings or particulars in the dream. It helps to write in the present tense.